CHICAGO, April 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Greenheart Travel, a division of the nonprofit Center for Cultural Interchange (CCI), which arranges a variety of cultural and eco-focused travel adventures around the world, is seeking applicants for its Volunteer Abroad programs. Greenheart Travel offers travelers 18 years and older a chance to make a positive impact abroad by applying for women’s empowerment projects in one of four countries. Volunteer opportunities range from two weeks to three months.
“Volunteering overseas in any capacity is a wonderful opportunity for both the volunteer and the community they serve,” said Amy Neal, Volunteer Abroad program manager. “Lifelong connections are made, and with a chance to explore rich cultures and different ways of life, every participant returns home with a different outlook.”
Volunteers can immerse themselves in the exciting cultures of Kenya, Tanzania, Costa Rica and India and have the opportunity to contribute in numerous ways:
- Teach computer or sewing classes for youth in Tanzania
- Work with Maasai women’s groups on income generating activities
- Coordinate micro-finance projects for homeless women in Tanzania
- Help women in Costa Rica with sustainable permaculture and arts programs
- Lead self-esteem, vocational, and literacy workshops for domestic violence victims in India
Greenheart Travel’s volunteer abroad programs include:
- Placement within the project
- Full accident and medical insurance
- Ongoing support of U.S. staff/24 hour emergency support
- Pre-departure and arrival orientation
- Local accommodations
- Most meals
Application deadlines vary depending on country and submissions must be made six weeks prior to requested departure date. Each country offers two departure dates per month.
For more information on applying and deadlines, visit http://www.cci-exchange.com/greenheart-travel/volunteer-abroad/, email http://www.cci-exchange.com/volunteer-inquiry/, or call 1-888-ABROAD-1.
Greenheart Travel provides life-changing travel experiences that lead to cultural understanding, social responsibility, environmental awareness and personal growth. Through travel, we aim to fulfill our vision of a more tolerant, peaceful and environmentally sustainable world. www.greenhearttravel.org
SOURCE Center for Cultural Interchange
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.