The Show will air on July 2 at 4:00pm EDT on 77WABC and wabcradio.com
Hosted by Barry Sloane
NEW YORK, June 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, announced today the next live radio broadcast on cloud computing solutions from “The Small Business Authority Studio” at 77WABC Radio in New York. National listeners can also tune in at www.wabcradio.com and click listen live. The program, The Small Business Authority Hour, will be hosted by Barry Sloane, CEO, President and Chairman of Newtek Business Services and will be broadcast on Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
Microsoft Corporation is a strategic partner of The Small Business Authority and the program will feature Corey Prince, Industry Market Development Manager for Microsoft Cloud Services for Small Business. Corey will be joining Barry Sloane to discuss small business trends, cloud computing and other IT challenges. Because of the growing interest and importance of the topic, this is the second consecutive show that The Small Business Authority hour has devoted to cloud computing issues for small and independent business owners.
Corey Prince, Industry Market Development Manager for Microsoft Cloud Services for Small Business said, “In today’s turbulent business environment, small businesses are facing ever increasing challenges. Intensified competition, globalization, a daunting economic climate and a blistering pace of technological innovation that require small businesses to be nimble, knowledgeable, efficient, and proactive. The Small Business Authority Hour provides insightful advice and commentary, from both experts and peers, to help arm and inform businesses with relevant, high value data to face this broad spectrum of challenges.”
President and CEO Barry Sloane said, “Our most recent show, focusing on cloud computing was overwhelmingly received and introduced many valuable concerns and developments regarding cloud computing for small business. We are excited about featuring Microsoft as a preeminent participant in cloud computing and a partner to work with our customers to help them grow their business, reduce their costs and have state of the art IT solutions. In addition to providing valuable market intelligence and discussing hot topics, we will be taking calls from independent business owners across the United States at 800-848-9222.”
The show will be hosted by Barry Sloane, President and CEO of Newtek Business Services, Inc. and co-hosted by Laura Smith from 77WABC. The Small Business Authority Hour is broadcast from the Small Business Authority Studios atop Madison Square Garden the first Saturday of every month at 4:00pm EDT. We will take live questions from independent business owners beginning at 4:15pm until the show ends at 5:00pm EDT.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek™ brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today’s marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek™ brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek’s beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be “forward-looking statements” under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions, which could cause Newtek’s actual results to differ from management’s current expectations, are contained in Newtek’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov .
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.