PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Shunra, the industry-recognized authority in Application Performance Engineering (APE) solutions for WAN, Web, Mobile, and Cloud-based networks, today announced the rollout of five new consulting service offerings designed to maximize the value of Shunra’s technology for its customers. The offerings follow the success of Shunra’s Rapid Performance Assessment™ (RPA), which identifies potential transactional bottlenecks and delivers an evaluation of a customer’s application performance within one to five days.
The new portfolio of consulting service offerings will help Shunra customers more easily and effectively test the performance of their distributed applications under real-world conditions prior to deployment, enabling them to predict performance with complete confidence. The offerings will drive such business-critical missions as mobile application deployments, WAN acceleration validation, server consolidation, data center migration and the optimization of third-party application rollouts such as ERP, VoIP and VDI.
The new service offerings are:
- Jump Start Program – An accelerated Application Performance Engineering (APE) education program combining shoulder-to-shoulder consulting support, a Rapid Performance Assessment and immersion-level experience in performance engineering best practices, designed to help a customer begin to meet its application and business challenges in less than two weeks;
- Quality Assessment – Organizational analysis of current quality and testing practices, enabling identification of current execution issues and a prioritized action plan for implementing APE best practices;
- Performance Consulting – Shunra experts integrate with the customer’s engineering team to conduct end-to-end performance testing designed to reduce deployment failures, speed application time-to-market and ensure quality of service before deploying;
- Advisory Services – On-demand expert advice to help a customer’s Center of Excellence (CoE) achieve higher performance levels through improved strategic direction and APE best practices;
- Education – Certified Shunra Professional Services experts providing classroom, laboratory and partnered education in leveraging HP Performance Testing tools as well as Shunra’s technology/methodology and APE best practices.
Concurrently, Shunra announced the appointment of industry veteran Todd DeCapua as Vice-President of Worldwide Consulting, where he has introduced these new consulting services. He was previously the QA, Process and Production Quality Group Leader at ING DIRECT – US, where he was a strong advocate of Shunra’s technology.
“At ING DIRECT, I recognized early the enterprise value of the Shunra solution and promoted Shunra’s offerings to ING and in the marketplace, so I believe in the company and its mission and I am proud to now ‘officially’ be a part of it,” said Mr. DeCapua. “Our new consulting offerings have the power to increase the value of Shunra’s technology to our customers by helping them understand, leverage, and accelerate the solution more completely in their environments, and I’m excited to share this with our customer base and prospects.”
“Todd DeCapua was Shunra’s Customer of the Year last year, and we are fortunate to have the opportunity to bring him in to drive our new consulting programs,” said Shunra COO Bill Varga. “His experience purchasing, using and evangelizing Shunra’s technology gives him a deep understanding of the business issues our customers face and the power of our solutions to resolve those issues, and he has already been a huge contributor to our ongoing effort to make ourselves the best possible partner.”
About Application Performance Engineering (APE)
APE is the discipline applied at every phase of the application lifecycle that ensures an application will be designed, implemented and operationally supported to meet its non-functional performance requirements. APE includes the roles, skills, activities, practices and solutions required to confidently deploy and manage application performance.
APE Best Practices
- Discover: identify and record real-world infrastructure and network conditions, business processes, application topology and deployment scenarios
- Test Set-Up: incorporate network behavior, network emulation and business process automation scripts into the test environment
- Testing: integrate with automation tools and enable single-user and multi-site/multi-user load testing
- Analysis: conduct thorough results analysis to identify potential bottlenecks and validate performance and SLO compliance
- Remediation and Optimization: implement recommended best practices to improve performance and calculate performance ROI
Shunra is the industry-recognized authority in Application Performance Engineering (APE) and a pioneer in WAN Emulation. Shunra’s customers include 75 of the Fortune 100 with some of the most complex and sophisticated networks in the world. Shunra’s APE solutions discover, predict, emulate and analyze the performance of applications over WAN, Web, Mobile and Cloud networks. Shunra delivers dramatic cost savings through customized performance insight, enabling pre-deployment and post-production remediation and optimization. Customers include Apple, AT&T, Bank of America, Best Buy, Boeing, Cisco Systems, Citibank, eBay, FedEx, GE, IBM, ING Direct, Intel, Marriott, MasterCard, McDonalds, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Oracle, Pepsi, Pfizer, Siemens, Target, Thomson Reuters, TJX, Verizon, WalMart, Walt Disney and the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank. Shunra is headquartered in Philadelphia and privately held. For more information, call 1.877.474.8672 or visit www.shunra.com.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.