I made a decision last week to fall in love with network marketing (ie MLM or direct sales) all over again. I must admit that it drives me nuts to see the shenanigans that happen within MLM. However, what profitable business model in the world doesn’t have some real creeps? Multi-level marketing has succeeded despite some of its silly blunders by misguided corporate executives and greedy marketers. It is time to start teaching people how to create realistic expectations and real careers within this industry instead of teaching them lies and fables. Network marketing is a remarkable way to build a career, if you are willing to do what it takes to really be successful.
Here are some things to keep in mind before you get involved in MLM with the idea of making money:
- You can make money in network marketing. You just better expect to work hard. Network marketing can be amazingly rewarding, it is just not easy. Anybody who tells you otherwise is not being straight with you. It is challenging, but what career in the world isn’t? With network marketing you control your own destiny, few other careers can do that for you.
- Understand that network marketing is different today than what it was 15 years ago. All things change, network marketing is no different. The days of recruiting people with promise of making money fast are ending. If you are opportunity first and product second, you better deliver on making them money quickly.
- Opportunity based companies better get their prices right on their products because product value proposition has never been more important.
- People are consumers/customers first, entrepreneurship does not enter into the thought process of many salary minded people.
- People are much smarter today about the unrealistic nature of making big money or even making a living from MLM commissions.
- Network marketing requires sales skills. Yes, to succeed in network marketing you must learn to sell effectively.
- You cannot think about getting three good people into your business, you have to think about a long-term sales process. You must do as Jeffrey Gitomer says, “Most people think end of the month. But you have to begin thinking end of time.”
- $500 a month is a huge deal to most people. Anybody who consistently leads the sales process talking about $5,000 a month is disingenuous. Most people in the world have never made over $5,000 in month. Most of the time, you will talk about getting the product free from their efforts and reasonable goals that fit the person in front of you. If you are in a mansion, I recommend talking big bucks, if you are in a trailer park, talk getting the product free. Sales and people skills will help you understand what people actually need, not what you think they want.
- There is plenty of evidence that shows only 3% of network marketers are profitable, quick thinking everyone is going to make big bucks.
- The Amway/Dexter Yager days of people being willing to attend three days of meetings every month are coming to an end.
- There is more competition today from other network marketing companies than ever before.
- Holding yourself and your downline accountable to their daily activities is key to consistent performance.
- You can make money in network marketing. I list this twice because you can. You just better work for it.
View original post here:
Network Marketing Today
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.