CINCINNATI, July 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — As Cisco looks to reduce costs, the once renowned company is now looking to cut 10,000 jobs. With 3,000 employees accepting early-retirement packages, another 7,000 are facing layoffs.
Cisco employees aren’t the only ones shaking in their boots. Companies nationwide are also experiencing job cuts. From big international banks such as UBS to local school districts, employers are looking for ways to survive in an increasingly weakening economy.
Career strategist and author Julie Bauke can give your audience the advice they’ll need whether they’ve already received a pink slip or fear one may be coming. She can reveal quick tips on what employees should and shouldn’t do if they think they might on their company’s layoff list. Invite her to answer:
- How can you stop panic from steering you in the wrong direction?
- What is the importance of staying productive during this time?
- Why should you start planning as if you are on the list?
- Why is starting your job search immediately exactly the wrong thing to do?
- How can you look ahead to turn this into a positive experience?
CREDENTIALS: Julie Bauke is a leading career strategist and author of the book “Stop Peeing on Your Shoes: Avoiding the 7 Mistakes That Screw Up Your Job Search.” She is a regular contributor on WCIU-TV in Chicago and has been featured on CNN.com, MSN.com, The Huffington Post, MSNBC.com, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Fox WXIX online, and many others.
Web Site: http://www.congruitycareer.com
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.