DALLAS, May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — AT&T* is meeting business demand for new generation services, like cloud-based and mobility services, with highly-secure, industrial- grade solutions made possible by a global broadband network – and helping companies of all sizes significantly reduce complexity and costs and innovate at a speed “never before seen in the industry,” said Kevin Peters, Chief Marketing Officer, AT&T Business Solutions.
Addressing more than 60 global industry analysts during a two-day annual conference hosted at AT&T’s world-renowned Network Operations Center in Bedminster, NJ, Peters said that AT&T is taking advantage of its “unique network assets and expertise to deliver integrated content, applications and services to any enabled device, virtually anytime, anywhere.”
Driven by the explosion of smart devices, wireline/wireless networks and software applications, Peters said businesses are quickly adopting new technologies to mobilize and revolutionize their business:
- More than 50% of AT&T’s business subscribers are using smartphones. The BlackBerry® Torch™ is one of AT&T’s most popular business devices since it was launched in August 2010.
- In just three months – from the end of 2010 to the end of the first quarter of 2011 — the number of AT&T business tablet subscribers increased approximately 150%.
- Android™ is one of the fastest growing mobile platforms used by AT&T enterprise customers.
- Adoption of AT&T mobile applications in enterprises has doubled from 2,500 in the first quarter of 2010 to more than 5,000 in the first quarter of this year.
- The most popular AT&T mobile applications being used by businesses include those developed by AT&T, such as AT&T Enterprise Paging, Mobile Remote Access Services from AT&T and several of AT&T’s fleet management applications.
- AT&T provides MPLS-based IP services to 182 countries on over 3,700 service nodes to meet enterprise customer’s global reach and offer them the foundation for managed security and cloud services.
AT&T will build off these trends to help companies make the next move to cloud-based environments so they can achieve tremendous efficiencies and flexibility in delivering and supporting applications to any device, Peters added.
To meet demand for solutions that help companies improve their productivity, AT&T today announced it has created a new Advanced Solutions Group, focused on helping more customers adopt mobility, cloud, network sourcing and healthcare solutions.
This is the latest initiative in the company’s multi-year, multi-billion program of investment to roll out bundled platforms and services to companies of all sizes across sectors that include manufacturing, retail, hospitality, healthcare and automotive. Earlier this week, AT&T said it is on track to invest $1 billion in 2011 (part of its previously announced $19 billion capital plan) to continue delivering new-generation network solutions, services and support for business customers.
Executives from customer companies are on hand at the conference to highlight solutions developed with AT&T:
- Halliburton, one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry, continually explores ways to improve employee productivity, increase efficiency of operations and deliver a consistent customer experience worldwide. AT&T’s Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform (MEAP) includes applications that allow Halliburton’s customers to manage wells from any connected mobile device, providing access to relevant data they need to make effective decisions quickly. The same applications enable Halliburton’s employees to access the most up-to-date information on projects they are involved in. AT&T’s voice, data and Internet solutions also connect Halliburton’s headquarters and data centers to global locations.
- Hilton Worldwide, one of the world’s largest hospitality companies, is striving to accelerate technology innovation and provide a consistent, next-generation guest experience in its hotels across the globe through network and mobility solutions. AT&T’s mobility, voice and data, Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity solutions are helping Hilton Worldwide provide an integrated media experience for users across its hotel network.
- AT&T is providing Streetblimps with a real-time GPS application that reports location data, provides enhanced updates for routes, speed, mileage and stops. In addition, it features an enhanced dispatch system with picture capture and SMS texting to help with customer validation of their advertising investment with Streetblimps.
At today’s conference AT&T also announced:
- Plans to offer the Cisco Cius™ to its business customers. The Cisco Cius is an ultra-portable mobile tablet that runs on Android™ and enables access to essential business applications for virtually anywhere, anytime collaboration. Cisco expects the Cius to be available for AT&T’s HSPA+ network in the fall of 2011.
- It is extending the AT&T Office@Hand mobile app for Android users. AT&T Office@Hand is a mobile PBX application which allows small businesses and enterprise workgroups with an existing wireless account from AT&T to configure and manage their office phone system on-the-go.
- A new service – AT&T Tech Support 360 Server Support – for small and mid-size businesses who can receive wide-ranging care for Windows servers from U.S.-based AT&T certified technicians. Among others, feature and options available with the service may include 24/7 server performance monitoring; security patch management; and management of critical business applications, and network and Internet connectivity.
- AT&T is participating in World IPv6 Day on June 8 as part of its commitment to transitioning to IPv6. On June 8, AT&T will conduct a 24-hour test drive of IPv6 technology, supporting its enterprise customers who are testing the protocol and enabling IPv6 on the YP.COM and AT&T Research sites. AT&T has been actively involved in standards development and testing for IPv6 since its inception and currently offers IPv6-ready networking capabilities and a full suite of consulting services to assist business customers with IPv6 readiness and transition.
For more information on AT&T Industry Analyst Day visit www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=19807.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this news release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update or revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.
Android and Android Market are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third party products or services.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.