Is going into business for yourself the right move? Is transferring your current skill-set to another (perhaps parallel) profession an option? There are a lot of things to consider when making these hard decisions.
I have had the opportunity to meet with many individuals who are happy and successful in their careers, and they all impart the same advice. I have taken the liberty to distill this very valuable information and am honored to share it with you.
While the semantics of the word “success” can be argued, I will say that those who are successful in their career will emphatically support their product. So as you pursue your career, be certain that you…
1. Love the product. Whatever it may be, make sure that you whole heartedly stand behind the product or service. This is also important when you need to…
2. Love what you do. This should not be just a dream. It should be a necessity. When you love what you do, you excel at it. When your moral is high, your natural capacity to do more and do it better is increased. You will have that competitive edge, and as you feed that passion you will only…
3. Get better. Train yourself. this comes in two assortments: Learn things you don’t know, and strengthen the things you already do. The latter is often best achieved by training or otherwise imparting valuable information to other people. However you do it,
4. Help others. Building a team of like minded individuals with both similar and diverse strengths has countless benefits. A network of friends is invaluable, especially during (but certainly not limited to) times of hardship.
5. Don’t stop. Persistence is THE key. Sometimes it can take a while to see the fruits of your hard work. But if you love what you do and earnestly strive to do it better, there cannot be failure in that.
Do you have a story of success in your business? Let us know what gets you up in the morning, or keeps you up at night. We would love to hear from you.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.